Level 3 Learning Outcomes:
- gain information from a variety of data displays.
- be aware of the type of data each display is appropriate for and the kind of
pattern/relationship it best communicates.
pattern/relationship it best communicates.
- link others’ claims with the appropriateness of displays used.
Level 4 Learning Outcomes:
- consider features of others’ statistical investigations including appropriateness
of sampling methods, quality of data collection, data collection and the extent
to which evidence supports claims.
of sampling methods, quality of data collection, data collection and the extent
to which evidence supports claims.
Gathering and Analysing Data:
How long does it take for each Group 5 student to do 20 star jumps?
My Data:
17, 13, 14, 11, 13, 14, 13, 14, 16, 11, 14, 13, 13, 12, 15, 13,
13, 12, 15, 12,
13, 12, 15, 12,
11, 11, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14, 14, 14, 15, 15, 16, 17
Analysing my data:
The fastest time was: 11 sec
The slowest time was: 17sec
Range: 6 between 11 fastest 17 slowest
Mode: 13
Median: 13
Mean: 268 divided by 20 = 13.4
The combined time: 268
READING OTHERS INVESTIGATIONS:
The information I have gathered from this graph is:
From this graph I have gathered that the highest year for bear population is 2006
in Emerald forest with 140 bears. It has also shown that the lowest year for bear population
is 2000 where there was only 40 bear in the forest. From this graph it has shown each
years population of the bears in Emerald forest from 2000 to 2006. This has
also shown that the bear in Emerald forest have increased each year
from 40 to 140. I wonder if it has increased more this year.
From this graph I have gathered that the highest year for bear population is 2006
in Emerald forest with 140 bears. It has also shown that the lowest year for bear population
is 2000 where there was only 40 bear in the forest. From this graph it has shown each
years population of the bears in Emerald forest from 2000 to 2006. This has
also shown that the bear in Emerald forest have increased each year
from 40 to 140. I wonder if it has increased more this year.
The information I have gathered from this graph is:
The information I have gathered from this graph has shown me the popularity's between the pet you own a rabbit, dog, cat,goldfish and a hamster that the most amount of peoples favorite pet to own is a cat and it is more likely for people to own a cat
The information I have gathered from this graph has shown me the popularity's between the pet you own a rabbit, dog, cat,goldfish and a hamster that the most amount of peoples favorite pet to own is a cat and it is more likely for people to own a cat
more than they would own a rabbit or a hamster. The mode for this graph would be a cat because it appears the most. The graph has also shown that 4 people own a rabbit, 8 people own a dog,11 people own a cat, 6 people own a goldfish, 5 people own a hamster.
The information I have gathered from this graph is:
The information I have gathered from this graph is the percentage or range of people who buy classical music between each age and gender. From this it has shown it is most likely for people the age 45+ to buy classical music than the age 16-24. It has also shown the highest percentage is 20% and the lowest is 2%. The next age of people to but classical music is 25-34.
The information I have gathered from this graph is:
The information I have gathered from this graph has shown me that the preference of
soft drink between between coke, diet coke, sprite, Dr. pepper and Pepsi.
The most preference of soft drink is coke classic and the lowest preference of soft drink is sprite.
It has also shown me that the highest percentage is 36-35% for coke classic and the lowest is
10% for sprite.
The information I have gathered from this graph has shown me that the preference of
soft drink between between coke, diet coke, sprite, Dr. pepper and Pepsi.
The most preference of soft drink is coke classic and the lowest preference of soft drink is sprite.
It has also shown me that the highest percentage is 36-35% for coke classic and the lowest is
10% for sprite.
Aliyah, you are able to explain what each graph is showing with extended explanation. Graph 1 you posed an 'I wonder',. Your next step is to interpret trends and evidence while predicting future trends on some style graphs.
ReplyDelete